This year we are going to do our seed potato order differently.
The research center had an unsuccessful harvest last year, so our normal potato varieties are not available. They do have plenty of seeds for us but because they are so different than what we normally offer we are asking people to come to the Extension Building on May 10th or 11th and pick what you would like to grow. This way you can see the differences and ask the Colorado Master Gardner’s and Robin Young, our CSU Extension Director, all the questions you may have about growing potatoes. Please come between 9:00am and 6:00pm on either day. We also ask that you bring your own bag/box to take your potato seeds home.
The price this year is $2 a pound. We will take cash or checks.
We will not be taking preorders.
Potatoes must be picked up May 10 or 11 2023 9am-6pm
No pre-orders nescessary, just come to the Extension Building and pick the seed potatoes you would like to purchase. Your options will be the following:
- AC10376-1W/Y- High yielding yellow potato
- CO05037-2R/Y – “Jelly Bean” Fingerling red skin/yellow flesh
- Midnight Moon- Purple skin/yellow flesh
- CO05028-4P/PY- “Jerry Garcia” Purple skin / white and purple flesh
- Masquerade – Bi-color skin / yellow flesh
- Rocky Mountain Russet – White skin / white flesh
Please Make sure your soil temperature is at least 55F during the day and 45F at night. Click here to check out CSU Potatoes in the Home Garden – 7.617 fact sheet for more information on how to plant/grow potatoes successfully!